17 Dec Holiday Season Cheer with ATP
It’s officially holiday season and Kids Up Front has been fortunate enough to send hundreds of kids to enjoy festive experiences. Wondering what kind of experiences and memories we help create over the holidays? Keep reading!
Every year, we are fortunate enough to partner with Alberta Theatre Projects to send over 300 kids and their families to enjoy a live theatre production. At Kids Up Front, we strive to inspire dreams and feed the imaginations of deserving kids and families. This year, we were absolutely blown away by the incredible performance of “The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe”. This thrilling classic was the perfect show for a Calgary winter, telling a timeless story of courage, loyalty and the battle between good and evil, featuring extraordinary scenic elements. The otherworldly set design transported everyone to Narnia in a matter of minutes, filling the theatre with winter wonderland magic! We welcomed families from twelve of our partner agencies for a total of over 360 people. We provided a bus for some much-needed transportation support as well as food, drinks, colouring, crafts, a photo booth and a book to take home as a memento of the evening. We couldn’t have done this without the support of Alberta Theatre Projects and their wonderful team. Make sure to catch “The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe” while you can, it is running until December 29th and we guarantee it will blow you away!
“Thank you Kids Up Front for the tickets & the delicious pizza. We had so much FUN at the play. We are grateful that you give families like ours a chance to have FUN!”
There are so many people to thank for investing their time and energy into this event. From the incredible organizations to the people who volunteered, everyone involved showed their commitment to providing “More Than A Ticket” for kids and families and reducing barriers to access to enriching opportunities. Thank you for believing in what we do and facilitating these unique experiences.
- Thank you to the Spruce Meadows Leg Up Foundation for their generous financial support of this event! They do so many amazing things in the community and we are grateful to have been chosen as one of the charities they support.
- The Harry and Martha Cohen Foundation has provided support for this event since 2015 and this year was no exception. Thank you for supporting the arts in our community and helping us create so many memories over the years.
- With financial support from The Students Union Committee of 10,000 we were able to create a magical evening full of entertainment, crafts, food, face paint and laughter. We were lucky enough to have some of their Rockstar volunteers helping us with photos, colouring and set up! Thank you for your commitment to your community.
- Cenovus has been a long-time supporter of Kids Up Front and has provided us with their amazing volunteers for several of our past Kids Count events! 30 of their volunteers came in on a Sunday to help us create a magical evening. They took on face painting, crafting, coat check, check in, serving up food and beverages and so much more! We couldn’t have done it without them.
- Special thank you to CIBC for sponsoring our Theatre For All program year round!
Thank you to everyone who has supported Kids Up Front this holiday season! We are so grateful to all the partner agencies, donors, volunteers and supporters that have shown their unending dedication.