10 Mar STRANDED: Water Valley 2017!
Sixteen Players. Two Tribes. One great cause!
What’s it all about?
The hunt is on for 16 contestants!
Do you have what it takes? Click here to view highlights from last year.
Following the success of last year’s Stranded: Water Valley, Kids Up Front Calgary is pleased to announce the return of our wilderness challenge event this August.
Tribal council, cameras, immunity and sleeping under the stars are things to expect when competing. With an experienced crew running the event, players would have a hard time noticing they’re not taking part in a reality TV event.
“We are looking for energetic people who want a tough challenge with a huge reward,” Nicky Nash, executive director of Kids Up Front Calgary, said. “Whether you have a goal to accomplish something huge in 2017 or have always wanted to test your mettle in the wilderness, this event will be something you won’t regret or forget.”
“Last year’s players all came away saying they had one of the most memorable experiences of their life,” added Nash. “From the camera crews and authenticity of the overall weekend, we strive for a top-notch event and want to give our amazing participants, who fundraise so much, a weekend to remember.”
Contestants that raise the most money are rewarded with strategic advantages and rewards throughout the weekend, so bring your enthusiasm and creativity to crush your opponents. The 2016 inaugural edition raised more than $70,000, with proceeds going directly to Kids Up Front programming including Can’t Use Your Ticket and Kids Count events.
Where and When
Friday, Aug. 11 through Sunday, Aug. 13, Stranded: Water Valley is hosted at Camp Kindle (northwest of Calgary). 16 contestants compete in physical and mental challenges against each other to determine the Stranded champion. Prizes are awarded to top fundraisers and the sole survivor.
“By far one of the most rewarding experiences of my life. So grateful to be a part of it.”
“I still can’t believe the hours, km’s, and soul you guys put into Stranded Water Valley.”
“First of all, thank you and all your staff for pulling off the best fundraiser I’ve ever been a part of. You guys made a truly authentic and amazing experience.”
“I’m BLOWN AWAY by how well put together this was! It was well beyond my expectations and having been on the other side of organizing large events, I am in awe of you and your team’s commitment and dedication to make it such a success! I feel super lucky to be a part of something this special and to be a member of the inaugural event.”
Other Ways To Help:
- Sleeping Bags (16)
- Water bottles or cantinas (16)
- Snacks (we are in need of snack foods for our host lodge. Chips, Beef Jerky, Soda, Juice, Candy/Chocolate Bars, Granola Bars etc.)
- Prizes-we are in need of several prize items for our contestants and volunteers to thank them for all of their hard work!
- Gift Cards, tickets, sports memorabilia, product, experiences, etc.
Reward Challenge Sponsors: think food, luxury items, things the contestants would be excited to receive.
- Your company can donate product to be featured as the reward part of one of many of our challenges.
- The cost is $200/reward challenge and we only have 10 placements available.
- Every reward challenge sponsor will receive social media recognition, logo on our website and product featured in the final video!
- Is your company interested in being one of our presenting sponsors and helping two charities at the same time?
- The value sponsorship is $5,000. This helps cover a major cost of the event but it also helps support another charity! Our venue, Camp Kindle, is the amazing facility owned by Kids Cancer Care. Your $5,000 sponsorship goes to support the camp and their operations. It truly is a win win!
Canadian Tire Money & Gift Cards
- Many of our supplies will be purchased from Canadian Tire. Please consider donating Canadian Tire Money and gift cards to help offset our costs.
If your company wants to be part of the event, click: 2017 Donor Request Form-STRANDED!