10 Oct Sowing and Harvesting Kindness
There is so much to love about our jobs at Kids Up Front:
- We love to meet our donors who take the time to donate their tickets and make exciting things happen for Calgary kids.
- We love to collaborate with so many hardworking front-line staff across Southern Alberta who go the extra mile every day to get their clients and families out to some amazing community events.
- We love to work alongside our sponsors and corporate supporters who help us create special events, keep our core programs running smoothly, and often work quietly in the background to help us provide incredible opportunities to thousands of kids and families.
- We love to work with our very generous volunteers who give us time and talent across so many of our programs and fundraisers throughout the year. We can’t thank them enough!
- And, finally, we LOVE when someone brings us a very thoughtful, generous and new way to give back to our community, which is exactly what Elizabeth did for some of our kids last week!
Let us tell you about it.
In the wake of the very heartbreaking accident in Humboldt earlier this year, involving the players of the Humboldt Broncos and their support team and coaches, Elizabeth reached out to Kids Up Front wishing to create a special event for some of our kids at a WHL game.
With Elizabeth’s heartfelt donation, and her vision, we were able to send some wonderful and very special kids out to cheer on the Calgary Hitmen as they took on the Saskatoon Blades on Friday, October 5, 2018. This was a very special event for these kids; they had never been to a Hitmen game and we were able to treat them in style to their own private suite, complete with food and refreshments, and a memento of the evening.
Elizabeth, we are so very grateful and appreciative, and the kids and families are too. Thank you for being a champion for kids, and taking the time to reach out to us and suggest your idea for a special event in honour of the young hockey heroes and lives lost in such a tragic way. We are touched, thankful and honoured that you chose Kids Up Front to help share your kindness!